Saturday, March 24, 2012

Inspiration Challenge: Bunny!

Today's Inspiration challenge sent me off to Graham & Green, a British home decor site.  There I found this pillow:

which inspired me to dig out my stamp positioner and one of my oldest Stampin' Up sets, Hello Spring, to come up with this:


The bunny is from the Stampin' Up set, while the easter greeting is from Inkadinkado.  The felt Easter egg sticker is from Michaels.  Other than remembering how to use my stamp positioner, this was a pretty quick and easy card.

A few odds and ends:


A super quick card, inspired by felt monster finger puppets I found on clearance in Target's party supplies aisle.  They were supposed to be party favors, but since they were flat and had cool texture, I thought they would be great card embellishments.  The word balloon with the heart was from a set of die cuts from K&Co and seemed to go perfectly with this little fellow.  I generated the sentiment on my computer and cut the banner by hand.



Both these cards were made with the biggest flower from the Stampin' Up Petal Pizzazz set.  I was in the mood for orange when tackling a "make a monochromatic card" challenge, which led to the first card above.  Someday I will figure out how to do a row of brads/eyelets without having them come out event, but that card was not the day.

The second card was inspired by the flower center, which is actually the cap from the cork from a bottle of sparkling wine.  I loved the colors in it, and immediately saw it as the center of an orange flower.  The rest of the card came together around it.  The denim paper is from Miss Elizabeth; not sure about the orange paper.  The sentiment stamp is a $1 Michael's stamp that I am getting a lot of use from, definitely my money's worth!

Thanks for looking, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment