Monday, March 26, 2012

Just Because

Sometimes I actually do make cards that are not inspired by a particular challenge or sketch or anything.  I just start playing with pieces of paper and an idea comes along and I go with it.  These cards for yesterday and today happened that way.


This was from playing with that Basic Grey Out of Print paper pad again.  I love the grungy collage look of these papers, and I love the contrast of them with a simple image like this flower.  I got the idea that I wanted to paper piece a flower using the paper and I found this stamp with an open, not too detailed flower image to work with.  It took a couple of tries to get the paper piecing right, and I never could get it to work with a contrasting paper for the flower centers (my original idea) but the buttons make a reasonable compromise.  Overall I like how this one turned out.


And then sometimes I make a card and it's just...meh.  I had the heart and solid flowers images left over from another card where I didn't end up using them, and used up some scraps to make an all occasion card.  Not one I'm overexcited about, but not one I want to bury in the compost pile, either.  It'll do.  The best part is, even when I end up with a card like this that I don't love or hate, I still had fun sitting down at my table and playing around, which is really the point, in the end.

For the record I am now caught back up after my hiatus, so it truly will be a card a day again!

Thanks for looking, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment