Friday, June 8, 2012

Celery Pool Party Delight

This week's color challenge was to use the colors Celery, Pool Party, and Daffodil Delight.  Since I don't have official Stampin' Up cardstock and papers, this translates to medium green, light blue and yellow.  I thought the theme lent itself well to a baby card, and came up with this:


I started with a sage green card base and layered papers from a baby-themed American Craft pad.  I cut out a circle (my sophisticated circle cutter: take card-in-progress to kitchen and try various bowls and containers face down on it til I find the right sized circle shape, then trace the edge of that container on my designer paper and cut out with scissors!).  I attached the circle shape to the card.  I inked the edges of the card and each layer of paper with light green ink before gluing them in place.

I cut a strip of light blue cardstock and inked the edges, then stamped the sentiment (Stampin' Up Mini Mates) in the same ink.  I attached the strip to the card and ran a yellow sheer ribbon under it.  I took a metal circle tag and put a light blue brad in the hole, and added a sheep sticker that matched my colors perfectly.  I finished off with a button in each of the three colors.  It doesn't exactly match the colors of the theme for the day, but it is a reasonable approximation.

I wanted to make another card with the same colors, so I turned to my scraps collection and came up with this:



I chose various scraps in coordinating colors, mostly from the Recollections and Basic Grey Archaic lines.  I punched out circles in three sizes, inked the edges with dark olive ink and played with them on the card until I had an arrangement I liked, and attached them.  For the centerpiece I made a paper rosette and attached it, topping it with another button.  I stamped the greeting (Stampin' Up Wow Flowers) on a scrap of sage green paper and snipped it out, planning to use the corner rounder on it.  But when it fell onto the card I liked the contrast of the angles and circles, so I left it as is.  What do you think?

Thanks for looking, and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment