Saturday, June 2, 2012

Playing with Wood

I found a bunch of little wood shapes on sale at Michael's for 20 cents and played with them recently.  I kept to a simple card design and decorated the wood pieces.




I have to admit that these are my two least favorites of the cards I made.  I started out painting the trees but couldn't find any paper that matched as I liked, so I covered the tree tops with some designer paper and put it on a card covered with coordinating papers (all papers from s.e.i.).  I finished them with a variegated ribbon.


Happy summer flower.  I painted the flower yellow and punched a circle from a scrap of the red patterned paper for the center.  Layered it with foam tape onto circles of blue and orange, and attached that to a square card covered with denim and dotted paper.  I used a light blue ribbon as the divider here.  The denim paper is from Elizabeth Ann, the red patterned paper is from Recollections, the orange and blue is from Deja Views, and the dotted paper is a scrap of unknown origin.




I like these two the best of the set.  I painted the wood dragonflies light blue and added a scrap of Recollections paper for the body.  I used glitter glue for some shimmer on the wings, which I love, but I think it made the cards a little too foofy to use as Father's Day cards as I had originally planned.  The background papers are all from Basic Grey (Archaic) and the solid colors behind the dragonflies are Bazzill cardstock.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment