Monday, June 4, 2012

Miscellany

This is another catch up post with an assortment of cards I made over the last few weeks.  One more of these after this and I'll be totally caught up! Woot!

This is really a grab bag of cards here.  First, a baby card for the new baby of one of my cousins:


I was playing with a sketch for a tall vertical card, which is not a format I use very much, but I liked this so I should try it more.  I combined an assortment of papers from an American Crafts "girl baby" themed pad, which is where the sentiment and the die cuts come from as well.  I added a couple of buttons from Jessie James/Michaels to finish it off.

Next, a couple of 10-minute all purpose cards:




Both were based on sketches but I did not keep track of where I found the sketches so I don't have them to add here.  For the top one I layered a piece of Basic Grey Out of Print paper onto plain brown, and then onto an ivory card.  I ran a cream grosgrain ribbon 2/3 of the way across the front, and added a light green ribbon on top.  Then I stamped the greeting (Hampton Arts) on a scrap of ivory cardstock and layered it onto more of the brown, and attached it with foam tape.  A brown button in the corner finishes this off.  This is also part of my long-dormant project to go back and do all the CAS card challenges from the beginning.  This is for the second challenge (you can see how far along I am with this, but there's no time limit!).  The challenge was to use one button on a clean and simple card.

The second card is a simple botanical.  I layered some brown paper with a fabric-like texture to the print (unknown source) onto an ivory card, then added a rectangle of K&Co Edamame paper.  I layered a Sticko/Cathy B sticker on top--the sticker comes pre glittered and everything!  Finished it off with two green buttons along the edge of the brown.

My final card for this post is a Father's Day card:


Does it look a little familiar?  I used the same sketch as this card that I posted a few days ago:


One of the great things about sketches is that you can get such different looks from the same basic structure just by varying stamps, papers and embellishments--and that's before doing things like turning, flipping or reversing the sketch, or changing it in certain details.

The Father's Day card started with some sage green cardstock, on which I stamped an ornamental design (from an All Night Media set) in Versamark watermark ink. I then inked the edges of the card in light and dark brown.  I layered a scrap of green plaid paper onto a slightly wider strip of ivory with the edges also inked.  I punched a circle of ivory card and stamped a handwriting stamp over it (Hero Arts).  I inked the edges and punched a smaller circle from the middle.  My original concept was a sort of belt buckle but the circle slipped off center as I punched it, and I like the result even better!  To finish the card off, I tied some coordinating ribbon scraps around my off kilter circle and attached it with foam tape, then added Sticko typewriter key stickers to spell out "DAD".

I am off work today and anxious to get to my craft stuff and play, so there may be another post later today!  In the meantime, have a great day and thanks for looking at my stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment