Friday, January 13, 2012

Catch Up Day

I knew this would start to happen as work picked up again.  I have fallen behind several days.  But fear not, we are about to catch up!

For January 11th, I attempted a true 10-minute card using leftovers from Deb's birthday card:



That plaid paper should look familiar by now--don't worry, I'm giving it a bit of a rest after this.  The crackle paper background is of unknown origin, probably a DCWV slab.  The plaid paper and flower are both Imagination Project/Chloe's Closet.  I used a circle punch on the flower and layered it onto another upcycled Target Christmas gift tag,  and layered it onto the card with mounting tape.

The stamp is from Stampin' Up's "Wow Flowers" set.  I cut the banner/fishtail shape by hand, just eyeballing it.  Then added bronze colored brads, most likely from Making Memories.

It did take just ten minutes!

For January 12, another Valentine.  I used a card in an issue of Take Ten magazine (Spring 2006) as a template (upper right):


Here's my take on it:


The red background paper is actually from a Christmas assortment, and I cut the half circle out of more of that foiled Valentine's paper.  The heart focal point is a sticker, and I added some gold metallic ribbon from Michael's.  Super easy!

Finally, today's card is one more Christmas card for my January SCS challenge:



While I was making cards this year I tried one of those "one sheet" techniques, stamping a Stampin' Up snowflake repeatedly all over a sheet of 8.5" x 11" cardstock using lighter and darker shades from my Blue Breeze Kaleidacolor pad, plus some Versamark ink that I heat embossed with Judikins psychedelic EP.  The latter doesn't show up well in the photo but it is glittery and sort of iridescent/color changing as you look at it from different angles.

I used some of my sheet on Christmas cards but had a bit left over.  I layered it onto dark blue cardstock, and then onto some really pretty blue paper that is printed to look like it was crumpled and smoothed out.  This was one of those pieces I have been "saving" that I decided to make myself use, and I love the way it looks here!

The snowflake sticker is from Michael's Reminiscences line, and the tag is a premade one of unknown origin.  My favorite thing on this card is the "brads" in the corners.  They are actually the centers of several of the snowflake stickers which pop out from the snowflakes themselves and could be considered scrap/waste from the stickers (though I think most of us would use them for something like this!)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment