Saturday, January 7, 2012

Catching up on the first six days of my challenge

I started off the year with my table still covered with Christmas papers, stamps and supplies, so decided to knock out some Christmas cards to put away for next year, and some non-holiday-specific snow cards as well.

For January 1, 2012:


The design is based on a "Tempting Template" challenge from a Stamper's Sampler Take Ten issue.  The center image is a Karen Foster sticker, layered on red paper and popped up with mounting tape, and embellished with an eyelet and ribbon.

For January 2, I continued with the same template, turned sideways:


Stamp is a very old one from long-defunct Appalachian Art Stamps.  I had made a bunch of holiday/New Year cards with the stripped and snowflake paper so part of what I was trying to do here was use up scraps.
I like this card a lot.

January 3 and January 4, I continued with using up those scraps.  The focal images on both are upcycled gift tags from Target (yay, day after Christmas clearance sale!) for quick and easy cards.  I found my eyelet setter kit AND a bunch of eyelets so I went old school with these.





On January 5th, I went back to some traditional Christmas colors:


The wreath is from A Muse Art Stamps.

And finally, on January 6, I moved away from the Christmas cards to an all occasion "hello" card.  I had two challenges here.  The card came about as a way to use up those little flower stickers, which had gotten loose and were all over one of my embellishment drawers.  After I gathered them up I decided to use them and get them out before they could roam again.  And also, I had recently read or overheard someone saying that they had been obsessed with navy blue and red as a color combination lately, so I decided to combine my red flowers with some navy blue.  Another very quick and easy card.


So my challenge is begun!  Stay tuned and we'll all find out if I can keep this going!

No comments:

Post a Comment