Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Day Ahead of Schedule...

Two quick cards today, both based on this week's Clean And Simple (CAS) challenge, which was to use the colors pink, white, and celery green on a clean-and-simple style card.

The first card came together in a flash, because I had an "outtake" of my color blocked card from last week's CAS challenge sitting on my desk, and it had pink and green color blocks.  I again stamped the dress form and sentiment that I used on my other recent card, added some pink and green background paper and layered all onto a white card.  Bazinga!


I dug into my drawer of paper scraps for the next card and found some delicate looking striped and floral paper in white (well, cream), celery and pink.  They looked a little lonely floating on the big white card so I added another layer of a celery green paper that has a subtle texture design, which made the prints work better.  Keeping it simple, I stamped the text with a Michael's dollar bin stamp using Colorbox pink pigment and embossed with clear powder.  It made the image show up much better and even "pop" a little.  I layered the sentiment onto a slightly darker green scrap, and finished off with a dollar store flower held together with a Making Memories pink flower brad.


Pretty happy with the end results of both cards, and it always feels good to use up scraps and "out-takes"!
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment