Monday, January 9, 2012

Very Pink Birthday Card

Today is my dear friend Deb's birthday, and I made her a card featuring one of her favorite colors, pink:



The images are Maya Road chipboard from their Trees set, covered with various patterned papers.  I don't know the origin of the tan on the trunk of the tree, but the bird is wearing more of the Imagination Project/Chloe's Closet plaid that I used in yesterday's card as well.  The "ground" is Simple Expressions and the tree foliage is some Heidi Grace paper that I absolutely love.

The "Happy Birthday" stamp is one of the oldest ones I have, from the long-gone stamp company Darcie's Country Folk.  You probably could have guessed the early 90s vintage from the font...

Other than some fussy X-acto knife trimming on the chipboard, this is a card that goes together really quickly!  

Oh...and Deb seemed to like it so I would call this one a definite card success.

No comments:

Post a Comment