Sunday, January 8, 2012

My Favorite Things Stamp Club Challenge Sketch #52

I found inspiration for this card in the final 2011 card sketch from the My Favorite Things Stamp Club Challenge.  Too late for the contest (and I don't have any MFT stamps--YET.  This will be remedied one day soon!), but the sketch led me to this card:




I had to tweak the design a little bit to fit the image I was working with, but I like the way it turned out.  I had started with everything being very light and delicate, using chalk to color the image, and stamping with a lighter brown color.  But when it came time to add the flower, the light pink and cream colored ones looked a little meh.  So I decided to try the lavender and liked it better now that something is more "in your face" in this design.

The background text stamp is Hero Arts, and the Forget me Not heart collage stamp is Stampington.  (Ha!  I just noticed that with the flower as it is, it reads "forget me" instead of "forget me not".  A passive-aggressive breakup Valentine?)

The ink is my beloved, slowly running out of ink Marvy Matchable in medium brown.  We have been through so much together; this pad permanently resides in my wheelie crop bag because it always goes with me.  I wish there was a refill for it!

Not sure of the origin of the crackle paper, but the plaid paper is from Imagination Project/Chloe's Closet and it's a piece I have been hoarding because it is so pretty and I only have one sheet of it.  But one of my New Year's Resolutions is to USE my supplies instead of saving them for some mythical "really special" card.  I figure if I am making a card with paper I really love, it becomes by definition a really special card.  Right?

I think the brad and eyelets are probably Making Memories.  The flower is from a spray from the dollar store--a few years ago when Prima was first all the rage I went to the dollar store and bought about $10 worth of flowers in all colors and took them apart.  I have barely made a dent in them.  I will probably never have to buy flowers again!

No comments:

Post a Comment