Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Some Days...

I have a friend who swears she cannot bake bread when it is her time of the month.  It just doesn't work.  I am wondering if that same rule applies to card making, cuz check this out:


After taking forever to get something going and several false starts (usually this would be where I would give up on paper crafting for the day and go do something else) I finally produced this hot mess.  There was an okay idea under there at one point.  But everything went crooked, the heart eyelet messed up the flower and then when I put the flower together elsewhere on the card with a smaller eyelet, it still didn't look right.

My sweetie suggested that I put it aside and come back to it later and maybe I will see something I can tweak to make it work better.  So it's been sitting.  I still want to set it on fire.

Fortunately I kept at it and things improved, and here are three more cards I made, bringing me again up to date.  I don't think I will burn these but I am not in love with them either.  I need to remember this next month and get a few days ahead when the time comes!


This one is for my sweetie.  I found some music background paper and the line just came into my head.  I like to handwrite the messages on cards for her.  The stamp is Rubber Stampede, stamped twice with red Vivid dye ink. I finished off with a copper spiral clip.  A true 10-minute card.


A variation on the card using the same kraft cardstock and music patterned paper (7Gypsies).  This time I added a layer of red starburst vellum underneath, and cut out a heart from the same paper, which I popped up with some mounting tape.  Another spiral clip to decorate the edge, this one pewter, and finished off with old fashioned typewriter key stickers from Sticko.  Another super fast card with no stamping involved.


Finally another card  that had me beating my head on the wall for a while before I finally finished it.  The papers came from my scrap drawer.  I believe the striped one is Provo Craft but I am not sure about the origin of the text paper.  I layered the text paper onto a 5x7 white card and then layered the striped paper onto a square of raspberry textured paper.  I punched three circles from a black scrap and used the "I" and "U" stickers from a partially used sheet of alphabet stickers.  The gem heart is from a gem assortment from the Target Dollar Spot this year, and is the only recently purchased element on the card.  I used mounting tape to pop up the three circles and added them to the striped panel.  I finished off the panel with some black and white checked ribbon and a double spiral clip, and layered the panel onto the text paper with more mounting tape.  I love the ribbon/clip embellishment and finding my box of clips made me remind myself to use more of them in the future!

Hoping I can get out of my card making mini-funk, but I am pleased that I was able to persist instead of giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment