Saturday, February 4, 2012

Caught Up Again!

Finally caught back up.  Today's card is for the Splitcoaststampers weekly Inspiration Challenge.  Today's site was Charleston Gardens, which sells mainly outdoor and garden decor and accessories.

As always, I saw a lot of items that tickled my brain with card ideas (and as always, I have saved a bunch of pictures promising myself to return to them later when I need further inspiration), but this turtle print really grabbed me:


It gave me an urge to attempt some paper piecing with some of my colorful paper scraps.  This card is the result:


I started with a piece of olive green cardstock and stamped it repeatedly with a fern image from Autumn Leaves, using soft leaf ink for a tone-on-tone look.  I layered that piece onto an ivory card and added a strip of background paper that looks like brown woven fabric.  Then I pieced the turtle from my scraps, mainly Basic Grey.  I especially like the paper in the turtle's shell!  I finished him off with a drawn smile and a wiggly eye, and used mounting tape to pop him up off the card.  Finally, I stamped the birthday greeting using Adirondack Pesto ink and a Stampendous text stamp.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment