Friday, February 3, 2012

Valentines!

I finished out January with some Valentine cards.  Here are the cards I made for January 29th-February 1st:


Clean and simple style using some punched squares, dimensional stickers, and a rub-on for the text.


This card started with background paper from a DCWV paper stack.  I love the look of the white on black letters as a background!  I have no idea where the heart came from, it was part of an assortment of wooden heart embellishments (Target $1 bin maybe?) attached to the card with mounting tape.  Another rub-on on the tag, finished off with a screw eyelet.


I stamped my Hero Arts 12-square shadow stamp on a piece of kraft cardstock with red Vivid ink, then added an assortment of Jolee's hearts to fill in the squares.  The final text stamp is some kind of funky vinyl that adds some cool texture.  The whole piece was then layered onto a white card to finish it off.

And finally:


I confess that I really love this card.  It starts with a base of glossy black cardstock, over which I added a band of pink textured cardstock (probably Bazzill).  The embellishment started as another from the packet of wooden hearts, this one pink, on top of which I layered some text and a photo, both salvaged from thrift store books, and added some ink and sanded the edges to distress.  I topped the heart off with some Prima flowers with silver square brads for centers, and layered the heart onto the card using mounting tape.  The X's and O's are from Hero Arts round letter set.  Definitely my favorite card of this set.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment