Tuesday, February 7, 2012

More Charleston Garden Inspiration, Another Valentine, And a Sympathy Card

I was on a roll after Saturday's Inspiration Challenge using the Charleston Gardens website.  I made a second card using this wall grille as my inspiration:




I have an ornamental stamp that looks very similar.  I used it to make a quick masculine birthday card:


The stamp is from Stampa Rosa.  I stamped it in Marvy dark brown three times on light tan patterned paper (it has a very subtle stripe on it) and punched them out with a square punch.  Then I turned them on end and glued them on a piece of patterned paper (unknown origin, possibly from a DCWV autumn stack) and added the fancy brads in the centers.  The fabric-look paper and card were edged with the same dark brown ink.  I finished the card off with the sentiment (A Muse) in the lower left.

Yesterday the Clean And Simple challenge was simply to use hearts on a card, in honor of Valentine's Day.  I offered the cards I posted earlier this week, plus this one that I haven't shown here yet:


I was on a black/white/red roll, obviously!  The black card has a strip of white card stock, topped with three red squares (that punch again) which are heavily inked on the edges grunge-style.  I split the "Me & You" sentiment between the first and third square, and used the middle square as a backing for two hearts cut out of some DCWV patterned paper.  A red Prima flower and a black brad topped off the hearts.  I finished the card with a white grosgrain ribbon and some shiny red eyelets down in the corner.

Finally, I have a sympathy card I made for a co-worker who recently lost his father:


The tulip stamp is from Anita's.  I had been wanting to play with my Prismacolor pencils for a while, so I stamped it in Stazon black ink on watercolor paper, and experimented with using several shades and then using a blender pen to pull them together and make it look more like watercolor painting.  I am pleased with the overall effect, especially on the flower.  It really looks like some of the variegated tulips you see in the spring!  I would probably go darker with the leaves if I did this over again, but overall I like it.

I tore the edges of the watercolor piece and layered it on a muted green piece of card stock.  I layered that onto a light green striped piece of patterned paper (unknown origin) and added a strip of some Basic Grey paper for contrast (yes, it's the same as the turtle's shell in the previous entry!).  I used medium brown ink to stain the edges of the card and papers, and tied a copper colored ribbon around the focal piece.  Once again I went to my A Muse sentiment stamps for the "Thinking of You" text.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed with your card a day goal, and the cards are very pretty! Yea for you.

    ReplyDelete