Friday, February 3, 2012

February, Really?

Wow, that, um, week and a half flew by, didn't it?  Never fear though, I have made plenty of cards, I have just been lax about updating here.  So today and this weekend there will be several updates to get things caught up.

Set the wayback machine to January 26, 2012.  The Splitcoaststampers weekly sketch challenge featured this sketch:


Which inspired me to make this card for my sister's birthday:


A gloomy rainy week made me really want some bright happy colors in my cards.  This card uses Flair Design patterned paper (stripes and argyle) and a Dollar Tree chipboard flower sticker.  It's hard to see but the orange layer is lightly stamped with a Stampin' Up leaf stamp from the Petal Pizzazz set.  As always, brads from Making Memories, and I'm not sure where the fiber originated, but I love the way it matched the card.

Continuing on the same color palette, I made another birthday card for the next day:


For this card I used more of the same patterned paper and chipboard stickers, and the same circle punch I had used to make the window in the first card.  The text stamp is from A Muse and I used black Staz-on ink on the glossy surface of the sticker.

Card for January 28, 2012:


This was for the weekly Inspiration challenge.  This week the site was Everything Turquoise, a blog that features all sorts of design ideas that include shades of turquoise.  I love that color range, so I found LOTS of inspiration on that site and saved a bunch of pictures for later cards.  The photo I picked for my challenge was this one:



Now this photo is meant to show both sides of a reversible duvet cover, but I loved the divided look and was excited to use that in my card.  I started with a kraft brown card and stamped leaves and flowers from an Inkadinkado clear stamp set, and added color with pencils.  On the other side of the card I used some s.e.i. patterned paper that echoes the pattern on the blue side of the comforter picture.  The word stamp is from the  Michael's dollar bin.  I finished off the card with a felt flower and button from the Chatterbox Artsylicious embellishment assortment in peacock blue.

Thanks for looking, and enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment