Saturday, February 11, 2012

Valentines with no Pink or Red

My cards for yesterday and today were in response to yet another challenge: to make a Valentine card with no pink or red in it.  This first one doesn't even have any hearts!


This was a pretty quick and easy card.  The designer papers in the background and behind the owl are both from s.e.i.'s Madera series from a few years back (still digging into that stash!).  I stamped the owl in brown ink (owl is from Chatterbox's Botanica set of clear stamps) on the circle piece of paper, then again on cream cardstock and cut out the cream piece.  I attached it with mounting tape over the original image for a 3D effect.

The text was made by stamping the typed alphabet from the Stampin' Up Alphabits set several times (I needed a bunch of O's!) and cutting out the letters I needed.  Then I laid down a strip of taperunner adhesive on a scrap of brown cardstock and laid down the letters.  Finished off the piece with a couple of copper-colored brads.

Cool thing:  my sweetie has been photographing and advertising my cards on a local Facebook buy/sell/trade group and I sold 4 cards this week, including this one last night, before I even had a chance to blog it!

My second non-pink/red Valentine also took on this week's SCS sketch challenge:




I recently got a 6x6" pad of Basic Grey's Out of Print paper collection and all the papers on this card came from that, making it super easy to match up.  I started with the idea of using the green flowered paper on my non-pink/red Valentine and built the card from there.  The stamp is from a set I bought used, and I don't know who makes it.  It is stamped in Vivid black ink.  The card was finished with several hearts from a Jolee's set.

I am really happy with both these cards!

Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment