Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dad's Birthday Card

I'm really glad I decided not to use this card for my Dad's birthday.  When I was talking to my mom the other day, she mentioned that both she and her sister have that sailboat stamp too, and between all of us the image has been used on cards for my Dad lots of times.

So instead I went for a Stampin' Up set that is new to me, so I KNOW he has never had a card with this stamp before:


I adapted an older sketch challenge design (can't find the right one to link just now).  I like an image like this because it can be done up into a masculine or very girly or kid-oriented card.  The papers I used here were from s.e.i. for the zigzag background and the solid pieces behind the image.  The striped piece is actually stick-on fabric from Elsie.  The card would probably work better at the smaller standard size (4.25x5.5") rather than this size but I was out of cream-colored cards in the smaller size!

Thanks for looking, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment